Group pic on the hill

Group pic on the hill

Group picture TTS11

Group picture TTS11
Happy Valentine's Day!

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

From Nancy McGuire

Matt and ALL other Moms and Dads.....of AMAZING Daughters that are coming HOME in less than 48 horas!!!:

DITTO on EVERYTHING.....AND YES...thank you ALL for sharing your daughters with Phoebe....I KNOW that this connection will be life long....

I like to say that every group has a "Divine Appointment".....and the YOUNG WOMEN that showed up for TTS11 were the exactly perfect equation for the magic that has happened for each and every one of them......

WoW!!! I am copying below an email that I sent to Gennifre right after she sent out the email re: the transition home....

Matt....I am WITH YOU!!! I feel/hear your passion....and I feel the commitment to TTS....I do.....AND I ALSO want EACH of us to acknowledge ourselves...as parents....that SEE our children....and FIND "containers" that support who they are...WE have had the VISION for our Daughters as Citizens of the Globe....and we supported them in getting to the Unbelievable Journey of the last 3.5 months....AND as our daughters - they responded with all the seeds that we have planted over the last 15 - 18 years....and they have GROWN.....in ways that will continue to pave their roads on their PATHS of LIFE....

So....a HUGE acknowledgement to US parents as well......

The TEACHERS...THE TEACHERS.....I tear up when I think of 3 kids....multiplied by all the years of school...and the numbers of teachers....and how I have FANTASIZED....ABOUT a CLAIRE....and a Heather and a Dawn and a Cara....AND our girls had the experience of LEADERSHIP and teaching and Women's Strength and Power.....and and and......ALL 4 AMAZING MENTORS....as I say below to Gennifre....There needs to be an expression in the English Language that means THANK YOU to the MILLIONTH power.....and you only use this expression....a handful of times in a LIFETIME....and NOW would be one of those times....to use that very special THANK YOU....that is bigger and more all encompassing....I say to the TEACHERS....that IF and WHEN you Choose to become a Parent....when a Claire or a Heather or a Dawn or a Cara comes into your child's life....YOU WILL KNOW....and think back to this time....and KNOW that each one of us are "MOVED BEYOND WORDS WITH GRATITUDE FOR ALL THAT YOU HAVE DONE AND BEEN TO OUR DAUGHTERS...".....

Thank you Matt....for taking the time to write so much....I LOVE all the description....and your passion.....

Now...who has the "hook up" with Oprah??????????

Love to All......Nancy - Phoebe's Mom

Here is what I sent Gennifre....:

Gennifre...I am SOOOO glad that you sent out that email this morning....I have been trying to find the balance inside me....the excitement of Phoebe's return...KNOWING the bittersweet emotion of the ending of this experience....knowing that the Phoebe I dropped off in Miami is changed in measurable ways....and wanting to give her the space...the safety of feeling and being - in her feelings... AND I - knowing what Phoebe is like after 4 weeks of camp upon returning home....can only imagine the Phoebe after 15 weeks of "this".....huge...experience...camp on steroids....

So...I am grateful for your words....as I have been really teary for the last few days...heightened anticipation...fear...wanting it ALL to be smooth and easy and not painful...and knowing that this "piece" is ALL part of it too....

There is a part of me that aches for her....and a part of me that wants to hold the space for her to just be in "it"...whatever the "it" is.....

I have never felt like this before...the emotion on the last day of kindergarten....for me...sobbing....it was over...so quick...where did time go....and 6 year old Phoebe - blissful - present - wanting to just go have fun now that school was out.... And NOW...SHE has had the experience...the connection...the memory....AND how to move forward...in a place...that seems so "unimportant" in comparison...

And me...and our family....honoring her...and giving her the space.... This has been the topic at the McGuire's for the last week....

Keeping the vision ALIVE...the VISION of her life...her role as a global citizen...her passions that have become uncovered and lit and all fired up....

This is not the end...it is a beginning....

Wow....what a way to end her high school years...what a send off...what a graduation!!!

I am rambling....

Thanks for listening...

Gennifre...there are truly NO words that aptly describe what you and your Vision and your program has created for Phoebe....and the level of gratitude that is so heartfelt....and the depth of gratitude that is one of those life's moments...where there really are no words... NO WORDS....but Thank you with the most gracious sincerity loving essence of supporting and believing and creating and empowering the FEMALE leaders of our GLOBAL Consciousness World that brings peace and love and aid....at a time when our world is SO in need....at all levels....and you are "training" our YOUNG WOMEN to follow their path and light up the world and heal the planet and follow their soul's purpose and uncover their gifts and LOVE themselves enough to honor who they are and commit to themselves....and and and.....

Thank YOU!!!

Love, Nancy McGuire

No comments: